Windows PowerShell Best Practices
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/15/2014
- Publisher: Microsoft Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Expert recommendations, pragmatically applied.
Automate system administration using Windows PowerShell best practices—and optimize your operational efficiency. With this practical guide, Windows PowerShell expert and instructor Ed Wilson delivers field-tested tips, real-world examples, and candid advice culled from administrators across a range of business and technical scenarios. If you’re an IT professional with Windows PowerShell experience, this book is ideal.
Discover how to:
- Use Windows PowerShell to automate Active Directory tasks
- Explore available WMI classes and methods with CIM cmdlets
- Identify and track scripting opportunities to avoid duplication
- Use functions to encapsulate business logic and reuse code
- Design your script’s best input method and output destination
- Test scripts by checking their syntax and performance
- Choose the most suitable method for running remote commands
- Manage software services with Desired State Configuration