Our Privacy Commitment
We understand that you care about how your information is used and shared, and we value the trust you place in us. Knetbooks.com is totally committed to protecting your privacy. We utilize every available technology to ensure that your confidential information remains secure. This Privacy Notice describes how Knetbooks.com collects and processes your personal information through our websites and services. By using Knetbooks.com websites and services, you are agreeing to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information to process your transactions and assist us in providing you with a more personalized shopping experience.
Below is a list of personal information we collect:
- Identifiers such as name, address, phone number, IP address, email address
- Personal information, such as a credit card number, financial account information
- Commercial information, including records of products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information is used in a variety of ways to operate, provide, deliver, and enhance the services we offer. Knetbooks.com holds your email address in strictest confidence. We do not sell, give away, or otherwise distribute your email address to any third party.
Below is a list of how we utilize the personal information we obtain from you:
- Support the shipping and tracking of textbooks and other products
- Process transactions
- Manage your information and accounts
- Process financial information and other payment methods for purchased products and/or services
- Communicate with you about your account, website updates, and policy changes
- Assist with information regarding third party service providers
- Analyze internet or other electronic network activity to monitor website health and effectiveness
- Provide targeted promotional offers specific to a given region
- Monitor geolocation data to provide targeted promotional offers specific to a given region
- Keeping track of items in your shopping cart
- Conducting research to improve Knetbooks.com products and services
- Preventing fraudulent activity
- Improving security
- Reporting to measure and analyze site performance
Knetbooks.com cookies provide access to essential site features. If you block or reject cookies, you may still use our website; however, you will be restricted to some functionality, including the ability to add items to your Shopping Cart or complete your purchase.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Click here to read additional information and disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Disclosing Your Information
Knetbooks.com considers the information you share with us to be personal and confidential. We do not sell, trade or rent any of your personal information to others. However, we may choose to release this information to trustworthy third parties at some point in the future with your permission. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties, please sign in to your Knetbooks.com My Account to unsubscribe from our promotional emails.
Knetbooks.com may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no personal information. Finally, we may release the name, address and email address of sweepstakes entrants to reputable co-sponsors and to other third parties for the sole purpose of administering such sweepstakes.
If you visit Knetbooks.com via a co-branded site (by using a link to our site from a company we do business with), your personal information may be collected by both parties and used by each in accordance with their respective privacy policies. Your credit card information and password are not shared with co-branded businesses.
Knetbooks.com releases personal account information, in good faith, when such release is believed to be reasonably necessary. This includes situations in complying with the law; enforcing or applying the terms of any of our user agreements; or protecting the rights, property and safety of Knetbooks.com, our customers, or affected third parties.
Securing Your Private Information
Knetbooks.com employs the latest version of Secure Socket Layer Technology (SSL) to encrypt your information and help insure that only you and Knetbooks.com ever see it. If your web browser doesn't permit a secure connection, Knetbooks.com will not accept your personal information including credit card numbers. Your browser should display a "padlock" or "key" icon in the lower margin of your web browser when a secure connection is made, and the URL bar at the top of your browser will typically show the website address preceded by the characters "https".
Storing Your Billing Information
To make checkout more convenient we can save credit card and billing address information securely. If you would like to save your credit card information for future purchases, check the box that says "Save Card?" after entering your credit card information and we will store this securely for your next purchase. We will always ask you for your security code. For security purposes, this information is not able to be stored. If you do not select the checkbox, you will have to re-enter this information to make your next purchase.
Knetbooks.com suggests that you keep your password private and avoid disclosing it to any third parties. If others have access to your password, the possibility exists that your personal information could be compromised.
Unsubscribing From Email
In accordance with federal laws, Knetbooks.com allows you to unsubscribe from promotional emails. If you wish to unsubscribe, please sign in to your Knetbooks.com My Account to do so. Please be aware you will still receive transactional emails related to any order placed through Knetbooks.com such as order status updates and shipment confirmation emails.
Unsubscribing From Text Messages
In accordance with federal laws, Knetbooks allows you to opt-out from text message communication. If you wish to opt-out, you can do so within your Knetbooks account under Settings, by responding to a text message communication from Knetbooks with the word STOP or by contacting our customer service for assistance.