The Wiley Blackwell Anthology of African American Literature Volume 1, 1746 - 1920
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/13/2014
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The Wiley Blackwell Anthology of African American Literature is a comprehensive collection of poems, short stories, novellas, novels, plays, autobiographies, and essays authored by African Americans from the eighteenth century until the present. Evenly divided into two volumes, it is also the first such anthology to be conceived and published for both classroom and online education in the new millennium.
- Reflects the current scholarly and pedagogic structure of African American literary studies
- Selects literary texts according to extensive research on classroom adoptions, scholarship, and the expert opinions of leading professors
- Organizes literary texts according to more appropriate periods of literary history, dividing them into seven sections that accurately depict intellectual, cultural, and political movements
- Includes more reprints of entire works and longer selections of major works than any other anthology of its kind
- This first volume contains a comprehensive collection of texts authored by African Americans from the eighteenth century until the 1920s