Where the Domino Fell America and Vietnam 1945-2010
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 6th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/11/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
This updated, expanded edition of Where the Domino Fell recounts the history of American involvement in Vietnam from the end of World War II, clarifying the political aims, military strategy, and social and economic factors that contributed to the participants' actions.
- Revised and updated to include an examination of Vietnam through the point of view of the soldiers themselves, and brings the story up to the present day through a look at how the war has been memorialized
- A final chapter examines Vietnam through the lens of Oliver Stone's films and opens up a discussion of the War in popular culture
- Written with brevity and clarity, this concise narrative history of the Vietnam conflict is an ideal student text
- A chronology, glossary, and a bibliography all serve as helpful reference points for students
- An important contribution not only to the study of the Vietnam War but to an understanding of the larger workings of American foreign policy