Tuttle Learner's Chinese-English Dictionary
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 08/25/2015
- Publisher: Tuttle Pub
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $17.95 Save
Tuttle Learner's Chinese-English Dictionary is a totally new dictionary designed specifically for elementary to intermediate learners of Chinese, and contains all 3,051 vocabulary items prescribed for Levels A and B of the internationally recognized test of Mandarin language proficiency, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK).
This self-contained dictionary has over 3,000 headwords—those required for HSK Levels A and B, plus important proper nouns and common idioms. Extensive notes on culture, grammar and meaning are included to enhance understanding and ensure correct usage. Students attempting to learn Chinese will find this dictionary to be an essential guide to the Chinese language as well as a reliable reference tool.
This Chinese dictionary contains:
- The 4,800 most frequently used Chinese vocabulary items.
- All entries contain Romanized Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin), simplified Chinese characters (hanzi) as well as traditional Chinese characters if they exist.
- Terms are searchable by Chinese–English or English–Chinese.
- All Chinese entries are arranged alphabetically by Romanized Mandarin Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin).
- Chinese word components are listed and analyzed to facilitate understanding.
- Over 4,700 sample sentences to demonstrate how each word is used.
- Detailed notes on culture, grammar and usage.
- Chinese translations for common English names and places in China.