Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 4th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/15/2015
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $59.95 Save
The Fourth Edition provides critical and invaluable information on the most current and practical special tests used during an orthopedic examination. The efficient user-friendly, spiral-bound format allows for easy access to individualized special tests.
Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination, Fourth Edition includes 160 special tests, 6 of which are new:
- Ballottement Test
- Gerber’s Test (Lift-Off Test)
- Painful Arc Sign
- Thessaly Test
- Quad Active Test
- Lelli Test for Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
What is new and updated in the Fourth Edition:
- Includes a video website that provides visually enhanced dimensional and motion analysis of each special test performed
- Includes 160 special tests, 6 of which are new to this edition
- Includes information on reliability, sensitivity, and specificity presented in a table format
- New evidence section highlight systematic reviews, meta-analyses, or single articles for special tests, where available
- New color images for each test
- Updated references for all tests
Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination, Fourth Edition includes a video website with each new book purchase. This video website offers a unique approach that provides a visually enhanced dimensional and motion analysis of each special test performed. The video segments will help students and clinicians better understand the test motion in order to perform the test accurately during an orthopedic examination.
The simple yet succinct information provided throughout the manual and on the video website will help clinicians make informed decisions during an orthopedic examination, from understanding to performing and evaluating the special tests.
Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination, Fourth Edition will carry on the tradition of past editions as being the premier resource for thousands of students, clinicians, and rehabilitation professionals.