Security Program and Policies Principles and Practices
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 03/19/2014
- Publisher: Pearson IT Certification
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $80.00 Save
Everything you need to know about information security programs and policies, in one book
- Clearly explains all facets of InfoSec program and policy planning, development, deployment, and management
- Thoroughly updated for today’s challenges, laws, regulations, and best practices
- The perfect resource for anyone pursuing an information security management career
In today’s dangerous world, failures in information security can be catastrophic. Organizations must protect themselves. Protection begins with comprehensive, realistic policies. This up-to-date guide will help you create, deploy, and manage them.
Complete and easy to understand, it explains key concepts and techniques through real-life examples. You’ll master modern information security regulations and frameworks, and learn specific best-practice policies for key industry sectors, including finance, healthcare, online commerce, and small business.
If you understand basic information security, you’re ready to succeed with this book. You’ll find projects, questions, exercises, examples, links to valuable easy-to-adapt information security policies...everything you need to implement a successful information security program.
Sari Stern Greene, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, NSA/IAM, is an information security practitioner, author, and entrepreneur. She is passionate about the importance of protecting information and critical infrastructure. Sari founded Sage Data Security in 2002 and has amassed thousands of hours in the field working with a spectrum of technical, operational, and management personnel, as well as boards of directors, regulators, and service providers. Her first text was Tools and Techniques for Securing Microsoft Networks, commissioned by Microsoft to train its partner channel, which was soon followed by the first edition of Security Policies and Procedures: Principles and Practices. She is actively involved in the security community, and speaks regularly at security conferences and workshops. She has been quoted in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and on CNN, and CNBC. Since 2010, Sari has served as the chair of the annual Cybercrime Symposium.
Learn how to
· Establish program objectives, elements, domains, and governance
· Understand policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and plans—and the differences among them
· Write policies in “plain language,” with the right level of detail
· Apply the Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability (CIA) security model
· Use NIST resources and ISO/IEC 27000-series standards
· Align security with business strategy
· Define, inventory, and classify your information and systems
· Systematically identify, prioritize, and manage InfoSec risks
· Reduce “people-related” risks with role-based Security Education, Awareness, and Training (SETA)
· Implement effective physical, environmental, communications, and operational security
· Effectively manage access control
· Secure the entire system development lifecycle
· Respond to incidents and ensure continuity of operations
· Comply with laws and regulations, including GLBA, HIPAA/HITECH, FISMA, state data security and notification rules, and PCI DSS