Ryan's Occupational Therapy Assistant Principles, Practice Issues, and Technqiues
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 5th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/15/2014
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $95.62 Save
Continuing with a student-friendly format, the classic Ryan’s Occupational Therapy Assistant: Principles, Practice Issues, and Techniquescontinues to keep pace with the latest developments in occupational therapy, including the integration of key concepts from key documents for the occupational therapy profession, such as:
- AOTA’s Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition
- ACOTE Standards
- Code of Ethics and Ethics Standards
- Guidelines for Supervision, Roles, and Responsibilities During the Delivery of Occupational Therapy Services
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5)
Building on the legacy work of Sally E. Ryan, Dr. Karen Sladyk presents more than 45 chapters in the Fifth Edition of Ryan’s Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Using actual client examples, occupational therapy assistant (OTA) students are guided throughout the process of learning various principles and disabilities to applying that knowledge in a clinical setting.
What is new inside the Fifth Edition:
- Two new chapters included in the Occupations and Disabilities section on Downs syndrome and diabetes and bipolar disorder
- Updates of each chapter throughout
- New evidence-based practice and supportive research throughout
- New color interior design throughout
- Updated references throughout
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to be used for teaching in the classroom.
Ryan’s Occupational Therapy Assistant, Fifth Edition includes a variety of treatment techniques that help students understand how to choose and when to implement certain procedures. Group intervention, assistive technology and adaptive equipment, basic splinting, wellness and health promotion, and work injury activities are examples of the techniques presented.
This Fifth Edition also includes specific chapters about evidence-based practice and understanding research. Chapters on supervision, functional ethics, and professional development are examples geared toward educating OTA students on how to manage different aspects of their early career.
A core text for students aspiring to become successful OTAs for more than 30 years, Ryan’s Occupational Therapy Assistant: Principles, Practice Issues, and Techniques, Fifth Edition is the leading textbook to have throughout one’s education and early career.