Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 6th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 07/15/2014
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $54.35 Save
Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy, Sixth Edition by Dr. Karen Jacobs and Laela Simon remains the only comprehensive dictionary available specifically for occupational therapy. The handy, conveniently sized dictionary provides a quick reference to words, their definitions, and important resources used in daily practice and academic training.
The changes in diagnoses that have recently occurred, as well as changes in the U.S. health care system, have also been incorporated into this Sixth Edition. Nearly 4,000 terms are defined and more than 70 appendices are included.
Some of the 70 new appendices include:
• Useful Apps for Occupational Therapy
• Evidence-Based Practice, Levels of Evidence, and Qualitative Research
• Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease – Seven Stages From the Alzheimer’s Foundation
• Energy Conservation Techniques
• Safe Patient Handling and Movement Skills
• Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
• Grip Development and Stages of Writing
Occupational therapy and occupational therapy assistants, clinicians, faculty, and students will benefit from the easy-to-use format and updated information that Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy, Sixth Edition has to offer. This valuable tool can be used by students completing fieldwork and new practitioners just starting out, and also serves as a handy reference for seasoned practitioners.