Psychopathology and Function
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 5th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 11/15/2014
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $74.95 Save
Completely updated, Psychopathology and Function, Fifth Edition provides a comprehensive overview of the new Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) with specific focus on how these mental disorders affect an individual’s ability to accomplish important daily activities.
Psychopathology and Function, Fifth Edition describes diagnostic theories in detail with consideration given to etiology, prognosis, impact on occupational performance, and implications for occupational therapy treatment.
The Fifth Edition also reviews mental health care, theories of mental health, and current trends. Featuring a comparison of the DSM-5, the World Health Organization’s International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF), and the AOTA’s Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition conceptualizations of mental health and mental disorder, the text provides an array of resources for further study, from numerous case studies to case examples.
New to the Fifth Edition:
• A comprehensive overview of the DSM-5
• Information from the AOTA’s updated Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition
• An expanded discussion of occupational therapy evaluation and intervention
• An updated discussion of psychopharmacology
• More case studies and resources that encourage further exploration and application of the material
• Incorporated material appropriate for the occupational therapy assistant
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to use in the classroom.
Psychopathology and Function, Fifth Edition continues the tradition of past editions and remains one of the profession’s most looked-to texts for recent and critical information on psychiatric diagnosis. Occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and physical therapists alike will appreciate the text’s direct comparison of psychiatric and psychological mental health with occupational therapy conceptualizations of mental health.