Programming and Automating Cisco Networks A guide to network programmability and automation in the data center, campus, and WAN
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 09/09/2016
- Publisher: Cisco Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $59.99 Save
Improve operations and agility in any data center, campus, LAN, or WAN
Today, the best way to stay in control of your network is to address devices programmatically and automate network interactions. In this book, Cisco experts Ryan Tischer and Jason Gooley show you how to do just that. You’ll learn how to use programmability and automation to solve business problems, reduce costs, promote agility and innovation, handle accelerating complexity, and add value in any data center, campus, LAN, or WAN.
The authors show you how to create production solutions that run on or interact with Nexus NX-OS-based switches, Cisco ACI, Campus, and WAN technologies.You’ll learn how to use advanced Cisco tools together with industry-standard languages and platforms, including Python, JSON, and Linux. The authors demonstrate how to support dynamic application environments, tighten links between apps and infrastructure, and make DevOps work better.
This book will be an indispensable resource for network and cloud designers, architects, DevOps engineers, security specialists, and every professional who wants to build or operate high-efficiency networks.
- Drive more value through programmability and automation, freeing resources for high-value innovation
- Move beyond error-prone, box-by-box network management
- Bridge management gaps arising from current operational models
- Write NX-OS software to run on, access, or extend your Nexus switch
- Master Cisco’s powerful on-box automation and operation tools
- Manage complex WANs with NetConf/Yang, ConfD, and Cisco SDN Controller
- Interact with and enhance Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Build self-service catalogs to accelerate application delivery
- Find resources for deepening your expertise in network automation