Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/15/2015
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $62.35 Save
Drs. Joel Houglum, Gary Harrelson, and Teresa Seefeldt have taken a unique aspect to the organization and design of the Third Edition to be instructional discussions regarding the use and effects of drugs and of the disease states treated by these drug categories. Additionally, there is a specific discussion of the role of the athletic trainer regarding the therapeutic use and effects of these drugs.
Features of the Third Edition:
- Satisfies all of the CAATE Educational Competencies on pharmacology
- Advanced organizers and specific learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
- Summaries after each major topic within the chapter
- Case studies and clinical applications
- Discussion on popular fitness supplements
- Key words are in italics and defined in the glossary
- Concept maps present important, yet complex, processes in a concise, graphical way
- Shaded textboxes throughout include additional information and are beneficial for the reader to recall a key concept addressed in an earlier chapter
- New ancillary materials specifically for faculty that include PowerPoint slides and test bank questions for each chapter
Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers, Third Edition will continue to be the go-to resource to determine the best pharmacological treatment strategy and management by athletic trainers.