Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Extremely popular, this student-friendly text presents the practical areas of statistics in terms of their relevance to medicine and the life sciences. Includes many illustrative examples and challenging problems that reinforce the author' s unique and intuitive approach to the subject. The new edition features a new two-color design, examples taken from current biomedical literature, and review questions within each chapter.
Table of Contents
1. Biostatistics and Clinical Practice
2. How to Summarize Data
3. How to Test for Differences between Groups
4. The Special Case of Two Groups: The t Test
5. How to Analyze Rates and Proportions
6. What Does "Not Significant" Really Mean?
7. Confidence Intervals
8. How to Test for Trends
9. Experiments When Each Subject Receives More than One Treatment
10. Alternatives to Analysis of Variance and the t Test Based on Ranks