Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Updated in a new 9th edition, Politics in Americaprovides straightforward, descriptive coverage of American politics and government.#xA0; Using the Harold Lasswell definition of politics Tom Dye employs this classic, and still resonant, interpretation as the lens through which he examines the foundations, institutions, behaviors, and policies of the American political system.
Table of Contents
1. Politics: Who Gets What, When, and How 2. Political Culture: Ideas in Conflict
3. The Constitution: Limiting Governmental Power 4. Federalism: Dividing Governmental Power
5. Opinion and Participation: Thinking and Acting in Politics 6. Mass Media: Setting the Political Agenda 7. Political Parties: Organizing Politics 8. Campaigns and Elections: Deciding Who Governs 9. Interest Groups: Getting Their Share and More
10. Congress: Politics on Capitol Hill 11. The President: White House Politics 12. The Bureaucracy: Bureaucratic Politics 13. Courts: Judicial Politics
14. Politics and Personal Liberty 15. Politics and Civil Rights 16. Politics and the Economy 17. Politics and Social Welfare 18. Politics and National Security
VI. TEXAS POLITICS
19. The Social and Economic Milieu of Texas Politics
20. The Texas Constitution
21. Interest Groups, Political Parties, and Elections in Texas