Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
A complete package for Class Piano under one cover-book and audio CD. Written specifically for learners in a group or class setting, this book offers an engaging step-by-step approach to playing the piano. Designed to help the learner understand how music works, PIANOLAB develops keyboard skills-quickly. Over 200 pieces give a wide variety of adult-oriented piano music-including classical pieces, blues, boogie-woogie, ragtime, popular music, and folk songs for both solo and ensemble playing. Both male and female composers are well represented. Music-reading and playing skills develop simultaneously through numerous activities, exercises, and composing projects. A handy, pull-out keyboard chart, complete with staff notation, comes free in every book, so learners can rest the chart on the piano while they learn their way around the keyboard.
Carolynn A. Lindeman (D.M.A., Stanford University) is Professor of Music at San Francisco State University.
Table of Contents
1. Exploring the Piano
2. An Introduction to Music Reading and the Major Five-Finger Pattern
3. Interval Reading, Transposing, and Accompanying with Chord Roots
4. Performing Dotted Notes, Upbeats, and Major Triads
5. An Introduction to the Minor Five-Finger Pattern and Minor Triads
6. Performing Major Scales and I V7 Chords
7. The Primary Chords and 12-Bar Blues
8. Performing and Harmonizing with Primary Chords (Major Keys)
9. An Introduction to the Minor Scales and Primary Chords in Minor