Organizational Theory Text & Cases (3rd Ed)
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 07/01/2000
- Publisher: PRENTICE HALL PTR
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
- An integrated flow between chapters allows students to clearly see how topics relate to each other from the start.
- An in-depth look at organizational culture from the origins of culture to its relationship with organizational effectiveness.
- Detailed coverage of the stakeholder approach to organizations and the implications of this approach for organizational effectiveness.
- Explanations of the most recent developments in organizational structure such as the product team structure, outsourcing, and the network organizations.
- Discussion of recent literature on inter-organizational linkage mechanisms, including the role of resource dependence theory and transaction cost theory in explaining why organizations choose different types of linkage mechanisms.
- An integrated account of the strategy-structure relationship.
- Comprehensive coverage of international strategy and structure and global organizational design.
- An analysis of new technological developments, including the Internet, integrated with traditional concepts already used in organizational theory. See how technical complexity, task non-routinism, and task interdependence affect organizational design.
- A detailed discussion of both population ecology theory and institutional theory.
Look for more information on the Web at www.prenhall.com/jones