Occupational Therapy Performance, Participation, and Well-Being
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 4th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/15/2014
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $92.95 Save
Editors, Drs. Charles H. Christiansen, Carolyn M. Baum, and Julie D. Bass, are joined by more than 40 international scholars who bring students, faculty, and practitioners the evidence that supports occupational therapy practice. The PEOP Model 4th Edition is featured as an exemplar of a person-environment-occupation model and provides a valuable roadmap for understanding key concepts and developing strong clinical reasoning skills in the occupational therapy process.
- Examines the theories, models, frameworks, and classifications that support contemporary knowledge of person, environment, and occupational factors.
- Presents detailed chapters on the occupations of children and youth, adults, older adults, organizations, and populations
- Provides extensive coverage of the person factors (psychological, cognition, sensory, motor, physiological, spirituality) and environment factors (culture, social, physical, policy, technology) that support occupational performance
- Includes exceptional content on the essentials of professional practice - therapeutic use of self, evidence-based practice, professionalism, lifelong development, ethics, business fundamentals, and critical concepts
- Builds clear links with the AOTA’s Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition; International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, and accreditation standards for entry-level occupational therapy programs.
- Introduces emerging practice areas of self-management, community-based practice, technology, and teaching/learning and opportunities to work with organizations and populations
- Incorporates international and global perspectives on core knowledge and occupational therapy practice.
- Documents assessments, interventions, resources, and evidence in user-friendly tables
- Uses simple and complex cases to illustrate key concepts and ideas.
New and Updated Sections in the Fourth Edition:
- Individual chapters on each person factor and environmental factor and occupations across the lifespan
- Expanded coverage of approaches for organizations and populations and entry-level professional skills
- Consistent framework of tables and language across chapters and sections.
- Additional teaching materials in the www.efacultylounge.com including PowerPoint presentations