Next Generation SOA A Concise Introduction to Service Technology & Service-Orientation
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/31/2014
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The Concise Introduction to Modern SOA: High-Value Approaches, Innovative Technologies, Proven Use Cases
After a decade of innovation in technology and practice, SOA is now a mainstream computing discipline, capable of transforming IT enterprises and optimizing business automation. In Next Generation SOA, top-selling SOA author Thomas Erl and a team of experts present a plain-English tour of SOA, service-orientation, and the key service technologies being used to build sophisticated contemporary service-oriented solutions.
The starting point for today’s IT professionals, this concise guide distills the increasingly growing and diverse field of service-oriented architecture and the real-world practice of building powerful service-driven systems. Accessible and jargon-free, this book intentionally avoids technical details to provide easy-to-understand, introductory coverage of the following topics:
- Services, service-orientation, and service-oriented computing: what they are and how they have evolved
- How SOA and service-orientation change businesses and transform IT culture, priorities, and technology decisions
- How services are defined and composed to solve a wide spectrum of business problems
- Deep implications of the service-orientation paradigm--illuminated through an annotation of the classic SOA Manifesto
- Traditional and contemporary service technologies and architectures
- How clouds and virtualization support the scalability and reliability of services-based solutions
- SOA-based industry models, from enterprise service to global trader
- A detailed case study: how real enterprises bring together contemporary SOA practices, models, and technologies
Next Generation SOA will be indispensable to wide audiences of business decision makers and technologists--including architects, developers, managers, executives, strategists, consultants, and researchers.