Networking: A Beginner's Guide, Sixth Edition
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 6th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/15/2013
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Current, essential IT networking skills--made easy!
Thoroughly revised to cover the latest technologies, this practical resource provides you with a solid foundation in networking fundamentals. Networking: A Beginner's Guide, Sixth Edition discusses wired and wireless network design, configuration, hardware, protocols, security, backup, recovery, and virtualization. You'll also get step-by-step instructions for installing, configuring, and managing Windows Server 2012, ExchangeServer 2013, Oracle Linux, and Apache. This is the perfect book for anyone starting a networking career or in need of an easy-to-follow refresher.
- Understand network cabling, topologies, hardware, and the OSI seven-layer model
- Connect LANs and WANs
- Configure network protocols, such as TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, SMTP, DHCP, HTTP, WINS, and more
- Explore directory services, such as Microsoft's Active Directory, X.400, and LDAP
- Enable and support remote network access
- Secure your network and handle backup and disaster recovery
- Select, install, and manage reliable network servers, including Windows Server 2012, Exchange Server 2013, OracleLinux, and Apache
- Manage network workstation computers
- Design a robust network from the ground up
- Work with virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V, VMWare, and Oracle VM VirtualBox