Memmler's Structure and Function of the Human Body, HC
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 11th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 10/08/2015
- Publisher: LWW
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $68.25 Save
Throughout the book, anatomic art illustrates concepts with accuracy and simplicity; case studies highlighting anatomy and physiology demonstrate the relevance of the content to a career in the health professions; and hallmark pedagogy blends remediation, reinforcement, and real-world focus to ensure student success.
· Personalized chapter-by-chapter quizzes powered by prepU help students learn more and improve their pass rates on exams, while giving instructors a window into their students' progress by pinpointing misconceptions, strengths, and weaknesses.
· A&P in Action boxes open each chapter with a scenario that integrates chapter content into a medical setting, bringing the information to life for students.
· A&P in Action Revisited boxes, which appear later in the chapter, expand on the opening scenario and encourage students to apply the chapter’s concepts to the outcome of each case.
· A full-body The Body Visible transparency insert assists students in performing a virtual dissection of the human body from skin down to bone and allows them to test themselves on their understanding of skin, muscles, bones, veins/arteries, etc. New associated chapter questions deepen student understanding.
· New Process Diagrams ensure student mastery by calling out and illustrating the steps of a complex process, such as negative feedback control for maintaining homeostasis.
· New Cadaver Photograph-related Questions help students apply anatomic knowledge to novel situations.
· New Casepoints (in-chapter review questions) link content to the opening case study.
· New Critical Thinking Questions that challenge students to apply concepts to the A&P in Action case study help them to understand how basic concepts of anatomy and physiology relate to clinical situations.
· New Misconception Alerts, marked by an icon, point out common student misconceptions (identified by the prepU adaptive quizzing program) to improve understanding of important ideas.
· New One Step at a Time features expand on basic science concepts introduced in the case study or the text by walking students step-by-step through higher level critical thinking activities, such as developing scientific learning and problem-solving skills.
· Checkpoint questions throughout each chapter help students review key points.
· Hot Topics boxes focus on cutting-edge topics and research, reinforcing the link between anatomy and physiology and everyday life.
· Clinical Perspectives boxes focus on diseases and disorders related to the chapter, helping students understand what happens when the normal structure-function relationship breaks down.
· Health Maintenance boxes offer useful information on how to keep the body healthy.
· A Closer Look boxes provide in-depth scientific detail on selected topics.
· Zooming In questions in the figure captions allow students to test their understanding of important visual aspects of the illustration.
· A Look Back feature provides a short paragraph highlighting content from prior chapters that will help students understand the current chapter.
· Learning Objectives identify the important content to learn in each chapter.
· A strong conceptual focus is reflected in more illustrations of basic biologic concepts and more learning diagrams that take students step-by-step through complex processes, such as sensory pathways, cardiac function, and nerve impulse transmission.
· Ancillary callouts identify additional resources available online, such as animations, supplementary figures, a quiz bank, and health career information to enhance learning.
· End-of-chapter study aids include a summary overview (visual outline), key terms (end-of-chapter list), a word anatomy (medical terminology) activity, and questions for study and review that test recall, comprehension, and critical thinking with a variety of question styles, including fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, short-answer, and short essay, as well as questions that require students to apply body process and system knowledge to the chapter-opening case study.