MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 09/10/2014
- Publisher: Pearson IT Certification
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The study guide helps you master all the topics on the MCSA 70-687 exam, including the following:
- Installation and upgrades, including VHDs
- Migrating users, profiles, and applications
- Installing, configuring, and securing applications
- Configuring Hyper-V virtualization
- Configuring TCP/IP, network settings, and network security
- Configuring and securing access to files and folders, including OneDrive and NFC
- Configuring local security, authentication, and authorization
- Configuring remote connections and management
- Configuring and securing mobile devices
- Managing disks, backups, and system/file recovery
MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide: Configuring Microsoft® Windows 8.1 is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling authors and expert instructors Don Poulton, Randy Bellet, and Harry Holt share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics. The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
The companion CD contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic questions. The assessment engine offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most. Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
Don Poulton (A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE) is an independent consultant who has worked with computers since the days of 80-column punch cards. He has consulted extensively with training providers, preparing study materials for Windows technologies. He has written or contributed to several Que titles, including Security+ Lab Manual, MCSA/MCSE 70-299 Exam Cram 2, and MCTS 70-620 Exam Prep.
Randy Bellet (Network+, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA) has worked in IT since 1981, and has written multiple applications for the banking, insurance, and food industries. Now on the faculty of ECPI University, he has developed courses in network security and programming.
Harry Holt has worked as a computer operator, programmer, LAN administrator, network engineer, DBA, and project manager. He has used his skills to improve efficiency in organizations including Fortune® 500 companies, financial institutions, government agencies, small partnerships, and sole proprietorships.
- Master MCSA 70-687 exam topics for Windows 8.1 configuration
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the CD