Kokoro Yoga: Maximize Your Human Potential and Develop the Spirit of a Warrior--the SEALfit Way
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 04/12/2016
- Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $17.99 Save
Kokoro Yoga, by New York Times bestselling author and former U.S. Navy SEAL Mark Divine, is an integrated physical, mental, and spiritual training, designed initially for the nation's elite special-ops soldiers and now taught to anyone seeking to develop the heart and mind of a warrior. Kokoro, the Japanese concept of warrior spirit—or merging heart and mind into action—is the central focus of Divine's new approach to teaching yoga.
Coach Divine's yoga sequences are focused to adapt to all physical and mental capabilities, combining breathing, meditation, and visualization into both traditional poses as well as cross-training/combat-conditioning exercises. His decades of experience with amateur and professional athletes, active and aspiring Navy SEALs, and wounded warriors uniquely qualifies him as an expert motivator and teacher.
With Kokoro Yoga the practitioner will:
* Get an unbeatable full-body workout through body-weight functional movements that can be done at home or on the on go
* Increase flexibility while building long, lean muscle mass
* Improve physical and mental balance, focus, and control at all levels—including a special segment designed for those recovering from PTSD
* Find emotional, intuitional, and spiritual harmony to achieve peak performance
Coach Divine’s methods have been tested by the toughest warriors in the world. Use this book as a guide to experience the profound power of yoga as a developmental system that will allow you to break through any barriers holding you back.