Introduction to Numerical Methods for Time Dependent Differential Equations
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 04/07/2014
- Publisher: Wiley
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
This introductory, self-contained book emphasizes both the fundamentals of time-dependent differential equations and the numerical solutions of these equations.
The book is divided into two parts: Part One deals with ordinary differential equations (ODE) and their approximations. Part Two addresses partial differential equations in one space dimension and their approximations.
Topical coverages includes: first order scalar equations; the method of Euler; higher order methods; the implicit Euler methods, two step and multistep methods; systems of differential equations; Fourier series and interpolation; 1-periodic solutions; approximations of 1-periodic solutions; linear initial-boundary value problems; and nonlinear problems.
Introduction to Numerical Methods for Time Dependent Differential Equations:
- Provides topical coverage in a very simplified manner and only in a one space dimension
- Presents the analytic theory and translates it into a theory for difference approximations
- Contains worked out solutions to select answers at the end of the book
- Offers an Instructor's Solution Manual containing the complete solutions (available via written request to the Publisher)
- Classroom-tested and based on course notes used at both UCLA and the National University of Cordoba