An Introduction to Japanese Linguistics
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/11/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The third edition of this established textbook has been thoroughly updated and revised. It maintains its broad coverage of topics from phonetics to language variation, and increases its accessibility by incorporating a more descriptive, less theoretical approach.
- A fully updated new edition of this successful textbook introducing students to a wide range of issues, phenomena, and terminology in Japanese linguistics
- Includes extensive revisions to the chapters on phonetics, syntax and phonology, and incorporates a less theoretical, more descriptive approach
- Features the author’s own data, examples and theoretical analyses throughout
- Offers an original approach by discussing first and/or second language acquisition within each chapter
- Includes exercises exploring descriptive and theoretical issues and reading lists which introduce students to the research literature, both of which have been updated in this new edition