Graff's Textbook of Urinalysis and Body Fluids
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 09/23/2015
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $76.79 Save
In addition to adding new and expanded content, the authors have reorganized the book into shorter, easier-to-digest chapters, added photos that depict important slides currently seen in practice, and created new online engagement exercises to help students master the material. An expanded array of online resources saves instructors time and help students succeed.
- More than 500 photos and illustrations--50 new to this edition--clarify concepts and familiarize readers with the normal and abnormal structures found in body fluids.
- A new chapter on Microscopy covers the basics of microscope handling, principles of illumination, and how to achieve the best contrast for proper viewing.
- Most of the 190 urinary sediment images have been resized and three have been replaced.
- Chapter 10’s Atlas of Urinary Sediment, featuring over 190 full-color photomicrographs, is the central chapter and jewel of the text. No other text includes anything comparable.
- Superb coverage of urinalysis and other bodily fluids, including cerebrospinal fluid, serous fluids, synovial fluids, gastric fluids, fecal analysis, semen analysis, and vaginal secretions, preserves the integrity and importance of Sister Graff ’s work while expanding the book’s use as a valuable resource for students, instructors, and laboratory professionals.
- Chapter Objectives prepare students for each chapter's material by laying out the key topics.
- Chapter-opening Key Terms enhance student understanding and provide handy lists for studying. Terms are bolded and highlighted in color throughout the chapter for in-context reinforcement.
- Chapter-ending Study Questions reinforce key concepts and give students an opportunity to test their understanding.
- Case Studies include sample lab results and images, challenging students to put the chapter's concepts into practice. Answers are in Appendix A.
- An updated Glossary of Terms is ideal for study and review.
- A complete index is especially helpful to those who rely on the book as a reference.