G is for Genes The Impact of Genetics on Education and Achievement
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/04/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
G is for Genes shows how a dialogue between geneticists and educationalists can have beneficial results for the education of all children—and can also benefit schools, teachers, and society at large.
- Draws on behavioral genetic research from around the world, including the UK-based Twins’ Early Development Study (TEDS), one of the largest twin studies in the world
- Offers a unique viewpoint by bringing together genetics and education, disciplines with a historically difficult relationship
- Shows that genetic influence is not the same as genetic determinism and that the environment matters at least as much as genes
- Designed to spark a public debate about what naturally-occurring individual differences mean for education and equality