Fundamentals of Nursing Human Health and Function
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 8th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 02/05/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $134.99 Save
Highlights of the 8th Edition:
- A timely new chapter—Chapter 4, The Nurse’s Role in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety—responds to multiple imperatives in today’s health care, helping students understand systems that promote exceptional care in a complex environment.
- Case scenarios that open each chapter show nurses thinking holistically and reflecting on critical thinking questions.
- All-new, richly illustrated concept maps, ideal for visual learners, apply the nursing process and critical thinking to the chapter-opening case scenarios.
- PICO (patient/problem, intervention, comparison, outcome) displays illustrate examples of a structured, evidence-based way to find answers to clinical questions related to the chapter-opening case scenarios.
- Concept Mastery Alerts improve students’ understanding of potentially confusing topics, as identified by Misconception Alerts in Lippincott’s Adaptive Learning Powered by prepU.
- Apply Your Critical Thinkingfeatures guide students to explore concepts and situations more deeply. Answers in Appendix B allow students to check their thinking.
- Patient Care Plans and Procedures sections (including some newly added procedures) help students transition from the classroom to nursing practice.
- NCLEX-style Review Questions prepare students for success on the NCLEX exam.
- A robust ancillary package is provided for instructors and students.