Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Comprehensive coverage of the major theoretical models of play therapyFoundations of Play Therapy is a complete guide to the many diverse approaches to play therapy methods used in clinical practice with children, adolescents, and adults. Edited by Charles Schaefer, a leader in the field, and featuring an expert panel of contributors, this comprehensive reference provides detailed descriptions of all of the major theoretical models of play therapy and offers the reader practical examples of how to apply each model in practice.Top experts in the field present up-to-date and insightful coverage of the fourteen major theories of play therapy: Psychoanalytic Cognitive Behavioral Jungian Family Adlerian Group Child-centered Ecosystemic Filial Phenomenological Gestalt Object Relations Attachment-oriented Prescriptive Foundations of Play Therapy is a valuable resource for psychologists, counselors, social workers, school counselors, and an essential text for training students and professionals interested in the field of play therapy.
CHARLES E. SCHAEFER, PhD, maintains a private practice in child psychotherapy in Hackensack, New Jersey, and is Professor of Psychology in the Psychology Department at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey. He is cofounder and Director Emeritus of the Association for Play Therapy and codirector of the Play Therapy Training Institute in New Jersey. He is also author or editor of more than fifty books on parenting, child psychology, and play therapy.
Table of Contents
About the Editor.
1. Psychoanalytic Play Therapy (Richard Bromfield).
2. Jungian Analytical Play Therapy (J. Craig Peery).
3. Adlerian Play Therapy (Terry Kottman).
4. Child-Centered Play Therapy (Daniel Sweeney and Garry Landreth).
5. Filial Play Therapy (Louise Guerney).
6. Gestalt Play Therapy (Violet Oaklander).
7. Theraplay: Attachment-Orienting Play Therapy (Evangeline Munns).
8. Cognitive-Behavioral Play Therapy (Susan Knell).
9. Family Play Therapy (Eliana Gil).
10. Group Play Therapy (Daniel Sweeney).
11. Ecosystemic Play Therapy (Kevin O'Connor and Debra New).
12. Phenomenological Play Therapy (Bertha Mook).
13. Object-Relations/Thematic Play Therapy (Helen Benedict).