Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Using comprehensive but easy-to-understand material, First Aid for Colleges and Universities presents the most complete information available for a college-level first-aid course. The text goes beyond elementary information to give options and encourage the effective improvisation so important to successful first aid. The text primarily focuses on the most common accidents and emergencies a first-aider is likely to encounter, making it practical for the student and extremely useful to the professor.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to First Aid and Emergency Care.
2. Anatomy and Physiology of Body Systems.
3. Victim Assessment.
4. Basic Life Support: Artificial Ventilation.
5. Basic Life Support: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
6. Bleeding and Shock.
7. Soft-Tissue Injuries.
8. Injuries to the Face, Eye, and Throat.
9. Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen, and Genitalia.
11. Musculoskeletal Injuries.
12. Common Sport and Recreational Injuries.
13. Head and Spine Injuries.
14. Poisoning Emergencies.
15. Drug and Alcohol Emergencies.
16. Cardiovascular and Stroke Emergencies.
17. Respiratory Emergencies.
18. Diabetic Emergencies.
19. Acute Abdominal Distress and Related Emergencies.