The European Reformations Sourcebook
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 05/19/2014
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
This revised and expanded volume brings together a carefully-selected collection of primary sources drawn from medieval and sixteenth-century texts. Notable for its comprehensive coverage, it consolidates a broad range of important documents, which until now, have been scattered through numerous volumes of primary materials.
- An invaluable collection of primary sources, edited by a renowned reformations scholar, which brings together significant and illuminating documents from this influential period
- Revised and updated to include catechetical writings by Luther and Calvin, and increased analysis of their theological writings, as well as coverage of women reformers such as Caritas Pirckheimer, Katharina Schütz-Zell, and Olimpia Morata
- Includes a broad range of documents spanning major theological writings through to confessions, political grievances, and writings drawn from tracts, poems, and satires
- Features observer accounts of events and debates that lucidly depict the personalities of the reformers, offering students their first direct engagement with participants in the European reformations
- Creates an ideal accompaniment to Lindberg’s The European Reformations, 2nd edition, or can be used alongside any text on the European reformations for a complete learning guide