Essential Public Affairs for Journalists
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 04/06/2013
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The third edition has been updated with a full explanation of the large-scale programmes of reforms introduced by the coalition since the 2010 election, and includes up-to-date and relevant news stories and issues. It provides clear and engaging explanations of major recent and ongoing political events including the Libor-fixing scandal, eurozone sovereign debt crisis, the 2012 Budget, and the background to the setting up of the Leveson Inquiry, and includes new sections focusing on key topical issues and debates related to particular policy areas. A fully revised glossary includes previously specialist terms that have entered the public discourse. The contents have been developed to ensure the best possible fit with the NCTJ essential public affairs syllabus, and there is clearly signposted advice on the practicalities of reporting.
* Designed to map on to NCTJ-accredited courses, it contains all the information necessary for students to pass the NCTJ essential public affairs exam and practical assessment.
* The only textbook to combine coverage of central and local government specifically geared towards journalism students.
* Supplemented with regular updates on the accompanying Online Resource Centre, to ensure that students are always aware of the latest developments in this rapidly moving field.
* Includes practically orientated pedagogic features based on real-life pieces of journalism, together with examples of issues on which journalists routinely report.
The text is supported by an Online Resource Centre:
Online Resource Centre
- Regular updates
- New developments in central and local government are succinctly summarised
- News feeds and links to real life articles from different news sites via RSS
- Audio podcasts on reporting public affairs in practice
- Web links