Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Essential Biology with Physiology is a brief non-majors biology book that combines the clear writing, real-world applications, vivid art program, and powerful media of Essential Biology, Second Edition, but also includes nine new chapters on animal and plant physiology. Essential Biology with Physiology helps readers become informed citizens by focusing on evolution, human applications, and up-to-date information on important issues like DNA technology, cloning, and global warming. For college instructors, students, or anyone interested in biology.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Biology.
UNIT 1: CELLS.
2. Essential Chemistry for Biology. 3. The Molecules of Life. 4. A Tour of the Cell. 5. The Working Cell. 6. Cellular Respiration: Harvesting Chemical Energy. 7. Photosynthesis: Converting Light Energy to Chemical Energy.
UNIT 2: GENETICS.
8. The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance. 9. Patterns of Inheritance. 10. Molecular Biology of the Gene. 11. Gene Regulation: Differentiation, Stem Cells, Cloning, and Cancer. 12. DNA Technology.
UNIT 3: EVOLUTION AND DIVERSITY.
13. How Populations Evolve. 14. How Biological Diversity Evolves. 15. The Evolution of Microbial Life. 16. Plants, Fungi, and the Move onto Land. 17. The Evolution of Animals.
UNIT 4: ECOLOGY.
18. Population Ecology. 19. Communities and Ecosystems. 20. Human Impact on the Environment.
UNIT 5: ANIMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION.
21. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function. 22. Nutrition and Digestion. 23. Circulation and Respiration. 24. Immunology. 25. Hormones. 26. Reproduction and Development. 27. Nervous, Sensory, and Motor Systems.