Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND KEY PRINCIPLES.
1. Introduction: What Is Economics? 2. Key Principles of Economics. 3. Markets in the Global Economy. 4. Supply, Demand, and Market Equilibrium.
II. A CLOSER LOOK AT SUPPLY AND DEMAND.
5. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness. 6. Market Efficiency and Government Intervention. 7. Consumer Choice.
III. MARKET STRUCTURES AND PRICING.
8. Production and Cost. 9. Perfect Competition: Short Run and Long Run. 10. Monopoly. 11. Entry and Monopolistic Competition. 12. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior. 13. Using Market Power: Price Discrimination and Advertising. 14. Controlling Market Power: Antitrust Policy and Deregulation.
IV. SPILLOVERS AND INFORMATION.
15. Public Goods, Taxes, and Public Choice. 16. Environmental Policy. 17. Imperfect Information and Disappearing Markets.
V. THE LABOR MARKET AND ECONOMIC CHALLENGES.
18. The Labor Market. 19. Economic Challenges: Poverty, Aging, Health Care.
VI. THE BASIC CONCEPTS IN MACROECONOMICS.
20. Measuring a Nation's Production and Income. 21. Unemployment and Inflation.
VII. THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN.
22. Classical Economics: The Economy at Full Employment. 23. Why Do Economies Grow?
VIII. ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS.
24. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply. 25. Keynesian Economics and Fiscal Policy. 26. Investment and Financial Intermediation.
IX. MONEY, BANKING, AND MONETARY POLICY.
27. Money, the Banking System, and the Federal Reserve. 28. Monetary Policy in the Short Run.
X. INFLATION, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND ECONOMIC POLICY.
29. From the Short Run to the Long Run. 30. The Dynamics of Inflation and Unemployment. 31. Current Issues in Macroeconomic Policy.
XI. THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY.
32. International Trade and Public Policy. 33. The World of International Finance.