Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 09/03/2013
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $58.67 Save
"Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy is a magnificent resource that will help create a greater bridge of understanding between the academic, research, and applied domains of the mental health professions."
From the Foreword by Thomas A. Parham, PhD, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, University of California, Irvine; Distinguished Psychologist, Association of Black Psychologists
An indispensable collection of real-life clinical cases from practicing experts in the field of multicultural counseling and psychotherapy
Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy is a one-of-a-kind resource presenting actual cases illustrating assessment, diagnostic, and treatment concerns associated with specific populations. The contributorswell-known mental health professionals who specialize in multicultural counseling and psychotherapydraw on their personal experiences to empower therapists in developing an individually tailored treatment plan that effectively addresses presenting problems in a culturally responsive manner.
Providing readers with the opportunity to think critically about multicultural factors and how they impact assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, this unique book:
- Covers ethical issues and evidence-based practice
- Integrates therapists' reflections on their own social identity and how this may have influenced their work with their clients
- Considers the intersectionality of racial/ethnic, class, religious, gender, and sexual identities
- Contains reflection and discussion questions, an analysis of each case by the author, and recommended resources
- Includes cases on racial/ethnic minority populations, gender, sexuality, poverty, older adults, immigrants, refugees, and white therapists working with people of color
- Aligns with the ACA's CACREP accreditation standards, tha APA guidelines for multicultural competence, and the AMCD Multicultural Counseling Competencies