Build Your Own Quadcopter: Power Up Your Designs with the Parallax Elev-8
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 05/14/2014
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education TAB
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Build a custom multirotor aircraft!
Build and customize radio-controlled quadcopters that take off, land, hover, and soar. Build Your Own Quadcopter: Power Up Your Designs with theParallax Elev-8 features step-by-step assembly plans and experiments that will have you launching fully functioning quadcopters in no time. Discover how to connect Elev-8 components, program the microcontroller, use GPS, and safely fly your quadcopter. This fun, do-it-yourself guide fuels your creativity with ideas for radical enhancements, including return-to-home functionality, formation flying, and even artificial intelligence!
- Understand the principles that govern how quadcopters fly
- Explore the parts included in your Parallax Elev-8 kit
- Follow illustrated instructions and assemble a basic 'copter
- Connect the Parallax chip to a PC and write Spin and C programs
- Build radio-controlled systems that minimize interference
- Add GPS and track your aircraft through Google Earth
- Beam flight information to smartphones with WiFi and XBee technology
- Mount cameras and stream real-time video back to the ground
- Train to safely operate a quadcopter using flight simulation software