MasteringChemistry -- Standalone Access Card -- for General Chemistry : Atoms First
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Nonspecific Binding
- Copyright: 01/07/2013
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online homework, tutorial, and assessment system for the sciences. It delivers self-paced tutorials that focus on your course objectives, provide individualized coaching, and respond to each student’s progress. The Mastering system helps instructors maximize class time with easy-to-assign, customizable, and automatically graded assessments that motivate students to learn outside of class and arrive prepared for lecture or lab.
New to MasteringChemistry:
- NEW! 15 Pause and Predict Video Quizzes bring chemistry to life with lab demonstrations illustrating key topics in general chemistry. Students are asked to predict the outcome of experiments as they watch the videos; a set of multiple-choice questions challenges students to apply the concepts from the video to related scenarios.
- NEW! Multiple-choice Reading Questions are provided for each chapter, making it easy to hold students accountable for doing assigned readings before lecture.
- NEW! Approximately 500 end-of-chapter questions are new or revised, andare supported by the tutorial questions in MasteringChemistry. The overall number of algorithmic and randomized problems has also been increased for the new edition.
- NEW! A subset of end-of-chapter questions has been enhanced with hints and feedback to provide scaffolded support as students move from robust tutorials to doing end-of-chapter and test questions on their own.
- NEW! All MasteringChemistry tutorials have been evaluated and in many cases edited, revised or rewritten by an advisory board of expert chemists all teaching with the atoms-first approach to ensure the reinforcement of this approach.
- NEW! 10 PhET tutorials have been developed around interactive applets that foster conceptual understanding and active learning. Topics include acid-base solutions, balancing chemical equations, and molecular polarity.