- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 05/27/2014
- Publisher: Wiley
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $99.95 Save
New edition of the successful textbook updated to include new material on UAVs, design guidelines in aircraft engine component systems and additional end of chapter problems
Aircraft Propulsion, Second Edition is a comprehensive textbook covering aircraft gas turbine engine and rocket propulsion from the basic principles to more advanced treatments in engine components. Propulsion system integration with aircraft plays an important role in understanding propulsion and is addressed accordingly. Extensive review material and derivations are included to help the reader navigate through the subject with more ease.
In every engine component, issues related to manufacturing, material properties, temperature limitations and cooling are included to give an appreciation for the broader scope of propulsion engineering than just aero-thermodynamics. Component matching and off-design analysis is detailed in a separate chapter to provide the physical and performance linkage between the components and their impact on aircraft engines. Principles of chemical rocket propulsion are presented in the context of single-stage to orbit propulsion needs of a rocket-based combined cycle vehicle.
The new edition of this textbook has been updated to include a new chapter on UAV propulsion, and the design guidelines in aircraft engine component systems have been expanded to make the book user friendly for component designers. New material on drop?]in biofuels and design for sustainability is also included to reflect FAA’s 2025 Vision. Numerous end of chapter problems are included and a solutions manual is available on a companion website.
- New edition of the successful textbook updated to include new material on UAVs, design guidelines in aircraft engine component systems and additional end of chapter problems
- Contains over 100 examples designed to practice the principles learned in jet propulsion and compliment learning through applications
- Covers aircraft gas turbine engine and rocket propulsion from the basic principles to more advanced treatments in engine components
- Considers propulsion system integration with aircraft
- Accompanied by a website hosting a solutions manual