ADHD What Everyone Needs to Know®
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/03/2015
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $16.95 Save
Researched and written by Stephen Hinshaw, an international expert on ADHD, and Katherine Ellison, a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist and author, ADHD: What Everyone Needs to Know® is the go-to book for authoritative, current, accurate, and compelling information about the global ADHD epidemic.
This book addresses questions such as:
· Is ADHD a genuine medical condition or a means of pathologizing active and exploratory behavior?
· Do medications for ADHD serve as needed treatments, or are they attempts at social control, designed to bolster profits of pharmaceutical firms?
· Has the ADHD label become a ruse by which parents can game the educational system for accommodations?
· How do symptoms and impairments related to ADHD differ between girls and women and boys and men?
· Why are ADHD medications often used as performance enhancers by college and high-school students?
ADHD: What Everyone Needs to Know® clears the air of the most polarizing and misleading information that abounds, providing straight talk and sound guidelines for educators, policymakers, health professionals, parents, and the general public. It shows the reality of ADHD but does not ignore the forces that have pushed up rates of diagnosis to alarmingly high levels.