ACSM's Behavioral Aspects of Physical Activity and Exercise
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/24/2013
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
This practical text provides the theoretical foundation of behavior change and then offers specific strategies, tools, and methods you can use to motivate and inspire your clients to be active, exercise, and stay healthy.
Developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and written by a team of leading experts in exercise science and motivation, the book provides step-by-step instructions to help fitness/health professionals and students master client motivation techniques.
- Access practical resources you can use immediately on the job with forms, checklists, charts, worksheets, etc. in each chapter’s From the Practical Toolbox sections.
- Stay on top of the latest research in the field with Evidence sections that support the text’s recommendations.
- Master a wide range of client-motivation techniques through Step-by-Step applications.
- See the text’s recommendations in action in real-world settings through engaging Case Scenarios.
- Improve your retention of important information through Concept Overviews that briefly set the stage for each chapter and Take-Home Messages that highlight key points.