White Space Is Not Your Enemy : A Beginner's Guide to Communicating Visually through Graphic, Web and Multimedia Design
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 03/11/2010
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $42.61 Save
Designing a brochure or web site without an art background? Step away from the computer and read this breezy introduction to visual communications first. Written for non-designers, White Space is Not Your Enemy is a practical graphic design and layout text introducing the concepts and practices necessary for producing effective visual communications across a variety of formats, from print to Web.
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book covers the basics to help you develop your eye and produce attractive work. The authors have provided a wealth of information and beautiful examples that guide the reader in the process of designing for print, web, or multimedia. White Space Is Not Your Enemy is in itself a testimony to the principles of layout and design that it espouses, and is a worthy instructional guide for both the lay person and the design student or professional.
- The basics of effective design that communicates its intended message
- Pre-design planning
- 13 Layout Sins to avoid
- Basic typography
- Working with color
- Storyboarding for video, Web, and presentions
- Information graphics
- Mini Art School--all the basics in one chapter
- Outputting your work
- Finally--the basics of layout, design, and visual communication for print and web in one easy-to-digest book!
- "Try This" sections in each chapter include fun, hands-on activities to develop skills.
- The companion web site includes text and photo support material; video clips that put the principles in practice; interactive multimedia components; and links.