Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Updated in a new 13th edition and the gold-standard for introductory public policy texts, Understanding Public Policyis designed to provide readers with concrete tools for not only understanding public policy in general, but for analyzing specific public policies. This new edition focuses on the many policy changes initiated by President Barack Obama, with special attention given to the economic policies addressing the global financial crisis.
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Policy Analysis: What Governments Do, Why They Do It, and What Difference it Makes.
2. Models of Politics: Some Help in Thinking about Public Policy.
3. The Policymaking Process: Decision-Making Activities.
4. Criminal Justice: Rationality and Irrationality in Public Policy.
5. Health and Welfare: The Search for Rational Strategies.
6. Education: The Group Struggle.
7. Economic Policy: Incrementalism at Work.
8. Tax Policy: Battling the Special Interests.
9. International Trade and Immigration: Elite-Mass Conflict.
10. Environmental Policy: Externalities and Interests.
11. Civil Rights: Elite and Mass Interaction.
12. American Federalism: Institutional Arrangements and Public Policy.
13. Defense Policy: Strategies for Serious Games.
14. Homeland Security: Terrorism and Non-Deterable Threats.
15. Policy Evaluation: Finding Out What Happens after a Law Is Passed.