Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Thoroughly revised and updated,Total Fitness & Wellnessprovides a solid foundation in fitness and lifetime wellness, while teaching you how to make healthy behavioral changes and lifestyle choices. TheMedia Updatefeatures an extensively revised Companion Website with over 80 new exercise videos, ABC News videos, RSS feeds, flashcards, electronic versions of labs and self-assessments, and electronic versions of the Behavior Change Worksheets. The new MyFitnessLab trade; features the same updates as the website, as well as Pearson eText with live links, audio clips, and electronic versions of the Eat Right! and Live Right! booklets.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Fitness and Wellness
2. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
3. Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
4. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Improving Flexibility
6. Body Composition
7. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
8. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control
9. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
10. Stress Management
11. Exercise and the Environment
12. Preventing Exercise-Related and Unintentional Injuries
14. Sexually Transmitted Infections
15. Addiction and Substance Abuse
16. Life Time Fitness and Wellness
The Powers/Dodd, Total Fitness & Wellness, Brief Third Edition Media Update (0-321-66782-4) includes eleven total chapters consisting of Chapters 1-10 and 16 of this Fifth Edition Media Update.