Stedman's Medical Terminology
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 02/12/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $92.79 Save
Each chapter begins with enough coverage of anatomy and physiology to provide the context for learning the medical terms, followed by Word Part and Terminology Tables that provide strategies for figuring out the meaning of new words and connecting them to the appropriate body system. Exercises in every chapter progress in a meaningful way from recall and review, to word building, to comprehension, and finally to application and analysis. This approach allows student to a see their vocabulary grow and to connect what they are learning to a real-life context.
- Study Tips in every chapter highlight common errors people make when working with medical terms, and give you tips for success.
- Reorganized chapters now align with the Memmler’s Anatomy and Physiology text table of contents for cross-over consistency.
- Chapter Objectives have been changed to Learning Outcomes and rewritten where necessary.
- An updated design maximizes images and better aligns figures to content.
- Updated terms and references provide the most current and actively used language in today’s health care settings.
- Flashcards were removed from back of the text, but are still available online.
- Revised and updated ancillary materials reflect changes made in the text.