Nutrition Counseling and Education Skills A Guide for Professionals
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 7th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/31/2017
- Publisher: LWW
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $95.99 Save
Throughout the book, the authors focus on effective nutrition interventions, evidence-based theories and models, clinical nutrition principles, and knowledge of behavioral science and educational approaches.
Packed with activities, case studies, and self-assessment questions, the 7th Edition features new content that reflects the latest changes in the field, new online videos that bring nutrition counseling techniques to life, and a powerful array of new and enhanced in-text and online learning tools.
- New chapter-opening Case Challenges, with related questions threaded through the chapter, encourage students to think critically about chapter content.
- New counseling videos from the author bring content to life and help students understand the nuances of effective nutrition counseling.
- Coverage of new standards of practice for specialties such as gerontology, nephrology, etc., keeps students up-to-date with today’s best practices.
- A three-part organization (Communication Skills, Counseling for Health Behavior Change, and Education Skills) provides a better flow of information.
- Updated ACEND and AND guidelines reflect the latest changes in the field.
- A new full-color design and illustration program clarifies content and makes the book easier to understand for today’s highly visual learner.
- Insightful coverage of the Nutrition Care Process, the basis for the Standards of Professional Practice in delivering patient/client care, helps students understand the four steps in the process: nutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis using PES statements (Problem, Etiology and Signs/Symptoms), nutrition intervention, and nutrition monitoring and evaluation.
- In-Book and Online Case Studies highlight current issues, such as cultural sensitivity, and allow students to apply key concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Updated activities give students practice in developing their own communication skills and style.
- Updated discussion questions encourage students to explore and respond to key communication issues and problems.
- Valuable Appendices contain the standardized language for the Nutrition Care Process from the International Dietetics & Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual.
- New online student resources include a Case Study engine, compelling videos, and a free student membership to the Nutrition Today journal.
- New faculty resources make the book a more effective teaching and learning tool.