Nursing Health Assessment A Best Practice Approach
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 10/24/2014
- Publisher: LWW
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $124.79 Save
Normal and abnormal findings are presented in side-by-side columns and comprehensive examinations are included for each topic. Additional features, online resources, and book-related media build on the in-text cases to reinforce correct elements of subjective and objective data collection and variations necessary for different problems, age groups, and cultures.
- Learning Objectives highlight the key information you need to master by the time you have completed the chapter.
- Hundreds of full-color photos and illustrations help you retain important concepts.
- Clinical Significance features highlight content critically related to clinical application.
- Safety Alert boxes present important areas of concern or results that require immediate intervention or adjustments.
- A Threaded Case Study in every chapter demonstrates real-world application through a wide range of innovative features.
- Therapeutic Dialogue displays provide examples of “less effective” and “more effective” communication to help you hone the communication skills you will use with patients when gathering assessment data.
- SBARFramework (Situation, Background, Analysis or Assessment, and Recommendations) helps you organize details when coordinating referrals or other patient advocacy needs.
- Documenting Abnormal Findings: The results from the case are charted using the four techniques of physical assessment (Inspection, Palpation, Percussion, and Auscultation).
- Analyzing Findings: A sample SOAP note (Subjective Data, Objective Data, Analysis, and Plan) shows you how to analyze assessment information and plan care based upon the assessment.
- Reflection and Critical Thinking: One priority problem is identified and a plan of care is developed based upon the assessment.