Neurorehabilitation for the Physical Therapist Assistant
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/15/2013
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $77.94 Save
Inside Neurorehabilitation for the Physical Therapist Assistant, Second Edition Dr. Darcy Umphred and Dr. Rolando Lazaro include a more comprehensive explanation and discussion of intervention techniques used in both pediatric and adult patient populations. Also included is a more thorough discussion of examination tools and their application because of the growing need for the PTA to identify the progress of the intervention using the tools from the initial examination and to complete the discharge examination.
Faculty will welcome the new and expanded instructor’s materials for the classroom that include an online video library illustrating selected examination tools and intervention approaches. In this Second Edition, there are several video clips with Dr. Umphred demonstrating several clinical techniques that can enhance PTA practice. Additionally, an expanded study guide that provides case studies and Q&A for each chapter can be found on www.efacultylounge.com.
Neurorehabilitation for the Physical Therapist Assistant, Second Edition now includes a new chapter on documentation to help the PTA develop the skills necessary for clear record keeping as well as ensuring optimal patient care and reimbursement for services provided.
• A clear delineation of the differences between the frameworks used by medical practitioners, those used by the PT, and those directly related to the PTA
• Detailed descriptions of interventions, tests, and measures used by the PTA
• Access to a website that includes an online video library and case studies, with new book purchase.
• A focus on interactions between types of movement dysfunctions and intervention selection
Neurorehabilitation for the Physical Therapist Assistant, Second Edition is the perfect resource for any physical therapist assistant faculty, student, or clinician interested in the physical therapy management of individuals with various types of neurological conditions.