- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 05/25/2001
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Throughout the book, certain themes are maintained:
* energy sources underlying disasters
* plate tectonics and climate change
* Earth processes operating in rock, water, and atmosphere
* significance of geologic time
* complexities of multiple variables operating simultaneously
* detailed and readable case histories.
The text aims to explain important principles about the Earth and then develop further understanding through numerous case histories. The book includes recent happenings such as the Western United States wildfires during the summer 2000 and the Los Alamos prescribed burn, also occurring in 2000.