Math For Nurses A Pocket Guide to Dosage Calculation and Drug Preparation
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 9th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 09/23/2015
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $40.52 Save
Packed with real clinical examples and practice problems, Math for Nurses includes a review of basic math skills, measurement systems, and drug calculations/preparations, making it ideal for use in clinical settings or as a study aid. The book’s step-by-step approach coupled with frequent examples that illustrate problem-solving helps students develop the knowledge and skills they need to calculate dosages effectively and improve the accuracy of drug delivery.
Highlights of the 9th Edition
- Complete: This is the only dosage calculation pocket reference available today that covers the steps of drug preparation.
- Comprehensive: All methods of dosage calculations are used, including ratio, proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis.
- Hands-on: Practice problems throughout the text and end-of-chapter and end-of-unit review questions aid students' application and recall of material.
- Practical: A handy pull-out quick-reference card contains basic equivalents, conversion factors, and math formulas.
- Interactive: Virtual Chalkboard tutorials (followed by quizzes) solve problems step-by-step using three different methods with a voice over that explains each step.