Human Rights: Politics and Practice
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 06/07/2016
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $57.55 Save
In addition to in-depth theoretical content, the book also features unrivalled coverage of human rights issues in practice, with a wide range of case studies to explore concrete examples from around the world.
The third edition has been brought fully up-to-date with the most recent events and latest research developments in the area. Two new chapters have been added: one on religion and human rights, and one on sexual orientation and gender issues and human rights, introducing students to these important topics and expanding the theoretical and practical discussion of issues of universalism and relativism.
The new edition also features a range of carefully developed pedagogical features to aid student learning, encourage critical analysis, and challenge students to question their own assumptions.
The book is accompanied by an Online Resource Centre to enhance students' learning and provide valuable support for lecturers.
- Revise key terms with a flashcard glossary
- Take your learning further with links to key human rights documents
- Use carefully selected web links as a first step towards independent research
For registered lecturers:
- Enhance your seminars with a specially developed active learning exercise
- Use adaptable PowerPoint slides as the basis for lecture presentations, or as handouts in-class
- Save time preparing assessments with a fully updated test bank of questions