Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry 30th Edition
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 30th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/08/2015
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $77.00 Save
Gain a thorough understanding of the principles ofbiochemistry as they relate to the study of clinical medicine
THE BEST REVIEW FOR THE USMLE!
The Thirtieth Edition of Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry combines outstanding full-colorillustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease and clinical information. Using brevity and numerous medically relevant examples, Harper's presents a clear, succinct review of the fundamentals of biochemistry that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
All fifty-eight chapters emphasize the medical relevance of biochemistry
- Full-color presentation includes more than 600 illustrations
- Each chapter includes a section on BiomedicalImportance and a summary of the topics covered
- Review questions follow each of the eleven sections
- Case studies in every chapter emphasize the clinical relevance to biochemistry
- NEW coverage of toxic naturally-occurring amino acids; extraterrestrial biomolecules; computer-aided drug design; the role of complement cascade in bacterial and viral infection; secreted mediators of cell-cell signaling between leukocytes; the role of mast cells, basophils, andeosinophils; and the hazard of antioxidants that down-regulate radical signaling for apoptosis and increase risk of cancer
Applauded by medical students for its current and engaging style, Harper's Illustrated Biochemistry is an essential for USMLE review and the single best reference for learning the clinical relevance of any biochemistry topic.